We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.expressunitedfreight.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is
Express United Freight Ltd, Harbour Place, Haven Exchange, Felixstowe IP11 2QX.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our regular updates, complete online applications, participate in social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
– Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– To provide you with information about other products or offers we feel may be of interest to you.
– To notify you about changes to our service;
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
– To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, as they occur and when you choose to do so;
– As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
– Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the purpose of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing from the emails we send you at any time or you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.